Thursday, May 21, 2015

Won $200 and Never Made a Hand

Had a remarkable session at the Venetian on Tuesday. It was remarkable because I literally did not make a single hand, but still walked away a $200 winner.

It was simple small pot, late position poker at a weak table. Almost every hand was opened for a small $6-$8 raise with extremely rare re-raises. Lots of pots were checked around until some weak bet on the river took a small pot.

So about every couple of orbits my late position action was:

Several limps, a small raise to $8, two callers including me holding something like 8d9d.

Dry board on the Flop. Raiser C-bets $10. I call and everybody else folds.

On the blank Turn the Raiser checks. I bet $30. Fold and stack.

Rinse and repeat.

I did get 99 one time. Missed a set but there was no action. I won one hand with 84off.

On one hand there was a raise/re-raise and I tossed my Ts9s. Would have made a flush vs the AA/KK war, but still. It is amazing, but I can't remember a single hand that I had to show. I either folded or dropped a chip on the cards for the tip as I slid them to the dealer. Really, not one show in about four hours.

So it was a nice and safe win. It was boring as hell, but I'll take boring/profitable anytime.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I had a lot of such days. And its do not always end profitability and growth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find useful information (tricks, practical advice) about Venetian? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the best site for poker and betting? I'm interested in the safety and reliability. Good bonuses are also important. Thank you

    ReplyDelete